|Information for Applicants.pdf||755.5KB||This is NOT an application. It contains printer ready information on the Inside Wireman and Telecommunications Apprenticeships and how to apply.|
Apprenticeship applications are accepted on the first Wednesday of the month from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Application forms are only available at the Training Center during this time.
All individuals interested in joining the Inside Wireman or Telecommunications Apprenticeships must come to the Training Center at 303 E. 103rd Terrace, Kansas City, MO 64114 to fill out an application. All applicants will be required to pay a $25.00 application fee (non-refundable and no personal checks). Applicants have 30 days from the date of their application to turn in all required documentation. Once that time has lapsed, applicants will be expected to begin the process again (pay the $25.00 fee and fill out the forms).
A pool of eligible applicants shall be created consisting of individuals who qualify and complete the interview process. To qualify for an oral interview an applicant must meet one of the following sets of requirements:
- Age: Be at least 17 years of age. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old at the time of selection and indenture.
- Education: Provide proof of education. Applicant must bring in a COPY of diploma, GED or HISET with test scores, or proof of an Associate's Degree or higher.
- Transcript: Bring in OFFICIAL transcripts for high school or college experience. The transcript must show the applicant has successfully completed at least one of the following with a passing grade: one full credit of high school algebra, one post-high school algebra course (e.g. adult education, continuing education or community college) or an online algebra or tech math course (such as the NJATC online Technical Math course).
- Aptitude Test: Qualify for an interview by obtaining a passing score on the electrical trade's aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research. (If you want to brush up on your Algebra prior to taking the Aptitude test, we recommend using KhanAcademy.org.)
- Provide proof of at least 4,000 substantiated electrical construction work hours. This can be substantiated by bringing in W-2s for prior years or bringing in the final paycheck stub for the years in question.
***If currently or previously in the military, you must submit a DD-214 to verify your military training and show a release from active duty.***
Other Applications (Pre-Apprentice, CW/CE, Level 1 Installer)
Pre-Apprentice & Level 1 Installer
Construction Wireman & Construction Electrician
Equal Employment Opportunity Pledge
The Kansas City Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Center will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years or older. The Kansas City Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Center will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
The Board of Directors
Kansas City Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee